Just one hour of volunteer work generates exponential meals to feed our neighbors in need. When you give your time, you’re directly contributing to the livelihood of your neighbors. From sorting non-perishable goods in our warehouse to providing groceries at our mobile pantries, with every volunteer opportunity, you make a direct impact on the wellbeing of our community.
In 2020, we provided more than 30 million pounds of food (25 million meals). All this food must be inspected and sorted before it’s distributed.
Whether you’re a group or an individual, we always need of volunteers to assist with the sort process. We can accommodate small and large groups and specialize in team-building and special event sort days! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for special requests. We also need volunteers to help distribute food during our mobile pantry food distributions which are held weekly across Northeast Florida.
• We cannot accommodate walk-ins so please be sure to register in advance.
• Certain dates and times may not be available due to fully-booked shifts.
• Anyone ages 16 and older can volunteer onsite at our Food Sorting Shifts.
• All ages are welcome to volunteer at our offsite Mobile Pantry Distributions (unless otherwise specified.)
• Groups and individuals are welcome!
• Once you’ve booked a date, you will receive a confirmation email.
• When arriving at the warehouse, you will be asked COVID-19 screening questions.
• After satisfactorily answering these questions, your temperature will be taken by our facial temperature scanner.
• You will be shown where the sinks are to wash your hands.
• We will provide you with an overview of Feeding Northeast Florida and how to sort.
• Then, you will be escorted to the sort area for a rewarding and fun experience!
• Once sort is completed, we ensure the space is ready for the next group with full sanitation.
• Finally, we provide you with the number of pounds and meals you helped provide to our families in need of food assistance.
We apply the most rigorous safety standards for the health and safety of our volunteers, staff, and those that we serve. We are actively seeking more volunteers while staying within the following guidelines:
• Before entering the building, volunteers must satisfactorily answer COVID-19 screening questions.
• Volunteers are required to check their temperature with our facial temperature scanner, then wash hands before heading to the volunteer area.
• We currently have a cap of 25 – 30 volunteers per shift. Shifts with a higher number of volunteers are split into two groups to work in separate areas.
• There are several hand sanitizer stations in the warehouse for regular use. Volunteers should use after checking in (touching the tablets) and in between glove changes.
• Commonly touched surfaces are sanitized before and after each volunteer shift.
• Mask Requirements: As of 05/13/2021, according to CDC guidelines, if you have had any of the COVID-19 vaccines and 2 weeks have transpired since you received it, you are NOT required to wear a mask inside or outside of buildings. However, if you are immunocompromised CDC recommends that you continue wearing a mask.
If you have NOT been vaccinated, or it has not yet been 2 weeks since you received the last required dose of your vaccine, you are required to wear a mask while inside Feeding Northeast Florida.
Our mobile pantry distributions take place throughout our community. Mobile pantry volunteers will assist with setup, packing food, distributing food and cleanup. Mobile pantries take place outdoors, so make sure to dress weather appropriate. These opportunities are open to all ages.
We need volunteers to help us to maintain high quality standards for all food that is distributed to our community through our facility. As a volunteer in our warehouse you will sort and inspect donated food or help pack meal kits for our neighbors in need. These opportunities are available to those 16 years of age and older.
If you are a new volunteer with us, please create an account below. Once created, you can sign up for volunteer opportunities. Please make sure to include all your information when you sign-up. This allows us to spend less time on paperwork and a quicker start for you.